Technical Project Manager
Chief Operating Officer
WHO WE ARE:
dbi is a Digital Product Innovation Company based in Center City Philadelphia, with offices in New York and Europe. We define, design, and deliver digital products and experiences and large scale mobile solutions for leading global brands, agencies, and funded startups.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our software engineering team, clients and internal stakeholders to deliver digital product solutions for some of the world’s largest brands and funded startups. You’ll participate in requirements gathering as well and work seamlessly across technical and non-technical teams.
VALUES WE EMBRACE AND YOU EMBODY:
- Solutions First. There is a solution to every problem. The answer is always, “We will.” The only question is how.
- Embrace Change. Change is the only constant. Progress is the only option. We invest in change today.
- Speed Wins. Technology moves at breakneck speeds. Winning = Velocity(Starting + Doing + Improving) > Everyone Else
- Details Trump. Excellence is in the details. From first impression onward, the details ensure we deliver solutions that delight.
- Go Nerds. Embrace your inner nerd. With our strengths combined, together we’ll make history.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Manage the project development lifecycle from design/concepting to launch.
- Work with client partner, stakeholders, and engineering teams to create all project-related documents containing scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and schedule
- Work hand-in-hand with dbi Product Managers to define project requirements and build delivery plans
- Be accountable for project results, schedule, margins, budget, and deliverables
- Be maniacal about the details every day
- Produce estimates required for each task in collaboration with client partners, business development, and engineering teams.
- Assist executive management and Product Managers during the total scope project estimation
- Effectively resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Prepare effective written correspondence (reports) and present information to client and internal stakeholders
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status updates/reports on project status
THE CANDIDATE HAS:
- 3+ years of project management experience with digital products, mobile apps, websites, or systems integration
- Experience with web & native app technology stacks and platforms
- Experience delivering mobile applications on iOS and Android
- Experience with agile (scrum/kanban) development methodologies
- Experience with waterfall project management methodologies
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience building gantt based project plans with roles, dependencies, milestones, etc.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Be a risk assassin when it comes to client management, project scope, timeline, milestones, and vendor management
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Hands-on development experience a big plus
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate about digital products and mobile technologies
In return we’ll offer a competitive salary, an informal working environment, and a fabulous office in Center City Philadelphia, where you’ll have easy access to great coffee, good restaurants, and get to work alongside a bunch of knowledgeable and passionate people joined together by a desire to deliver brilliantly designed digital products that have meaningful business impact.
This is an opportunity to join a small, rapidly growing, profitable startup and contribute in a meaningful way to its success.
- Base Salary plus performance bonuses
- Fully paid health & dental benefits
- Fun and exciting work environment in Center City walking distance from Reading Terminal Market
- Free lunch Fridays and all the K-Cups and Coke Zeroes your heart desires
- Casual, progressive, pet-friendly office
- The ability to work with Fortune 500 Clients and Agencies
Please share with us, along with your resume and cover letter:
- Why you think you are a great fit for this job
- Your desired salary range